[BBLISA] Applying for health insurance

K. M. Peterson KMP at KMPeterson.COM
Fri Dec 27 15:28:06 EST 2013

Alas:

On 27 Dec 2013, at 12:33 , Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4) <bblisa4 at nedharvey.com> wrote:

>> From: bblisa [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On Behalf Of Alex Aminoff
>>
>> Someday, I would like to hear a postmortem on the MA and/or federal web
>> site problems from an IT perspective. It may be difficult to do that
>> without turning into political flamage, but I am genuinely interested in
>> what happened and why.
>
> Well, mahealthconnector.org has been around for several years, and there wasn't any sudden huge surge of people hitting it all at once, and so forth.  So problem incidences such as yours, as far as I have heard, are unusual and isolated, and transient.

Actually, the Mass. site is in terrible shape.  Although you're correct that it has been in place for a while, changes in the federal law, along with the addition of functionality to verify eligibility, have broken the site badly.  The Commonwealth is sufficiently upset with the vendor (CGI - yes, the same as the federal site) that they have cut off payments until the problems have been fixed.

Yesterday in the Globe: http://bit.ly/1cWNOU9 .

So, Alex, you're _not_ alone.  Glad you're now covered, but like almost everyone else, it wasn't pretty.

_KMP