[BBLISA] Initial work on puppet dependency resolution system

Nick Cammorato nick.cammorato at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 00:25:57 EDT 2013

 Let's try this yet again...

There's been a ton of movement in the CI for CM space recently(which is
great!  although not quite like this) and I promised a few people I'd let
the list know when I had released something.  Well, I have:
https://github.com/cammoraton/vex

It's not ready for prime time, but it's a *mostly* functioning prototype.
The following repeats some of what is in the readme.  The slides from the
initial talk are in the doc directory if you're curious.

It's a rails app using mongo, because well, you have to use nosql these
days right?  But seriously, this is actually a good application for it as
we want the horizontal scaling and we're effectively just assigning
relationships to what are basically documents composed of arbitrary
serialized data.  Since this is basically Mongo's use case, it makes sense.

Anyway, I wasn't able to put as much time into the thing as I'd hoped over
the past 60 days and I wasted a ton of what time I had waffling between
mongo/activerecord/redoing models(most of what you see is the past 2
weeks), but quite a bit of the core functionality is done.  Things like
caching and navigation work for certain definitions of work, they just need
redone.

Questions, comments, and flames(there's a lot in here I'm not exactly happy
about) are welcome, and thanks for taking a look at it if you do,
--Nick