[BBLISA] Large file transfer in 65ms latency

Tika Mahata tmahata at veriskhealth.com
Wed Apr 10 17:10:48 EDT 2013

John,

I have used lftp for this test. The results are given below for the comparison (1gig LAN, 1gig WAN).  You can share your results on bbcp and bbftp if you have.

Application

Size

Time (Secs)

Threads

Speed MBps

Latency (ms)

Network

lftp

36GB

:1157

500

31.11495246

65

WAN

lftp

36GB

:1324

50

27.19033233

65

WAN

lftp

36GB

:5289

5

6.806579694

65

WAN

lftp

36GB

:3558

10

10.11804384

65

WAN

lftp

36GB

:1959

25

18.37672282

65

WAN

lftp

36GB

:1148

1

32.60869565

65

LAN

lftp

36GB

:496

25

72.58064516

<1

LAN

lftp

36GB

:427

50

84.30913349

<1

LAN

lftp

36GB

:422

25

85.30805687

<1

LAN

lftp

4.4GB

:241

500

18.25726141

65

WAN

lftp

41GB

:1466

50

27.96725784

65

WAN

lftp

41GB

:2304

25

17.79513889

65

WAN

lftp -e 'pget -n 5 File_INDEX.dbf' sftp://root@remotehost/path.

I installed hps-ssh but could not have much time to tune it and without any change I did not get any performance. I need more time for it.

Thanks,

Tika