[BBLISA] perl training

Uri Guttman uri at StemSystems.com
Tue May 3 10:50:43 EDT 2011

  RT> My Perl skills are rusty, and my command of object-oriented Perl
  RT> was tenuous to begin with.  I need to change that, and my employer
  RT> is happy to pay for classes.  Any thoughts on what’s out there?
  RT> (feel free to provide negative reviews as well as positive)

i highly recommend the o'reilly school of technology perl course

	http://www.oreillyschool.com/courses/perl1/

the class is online and not aimed at a useless cert test. students have
to code up real programs and real people give them feedback and such
until they get them working.

they plan on developing 4 course levels and 3 are out with the 4th due
this june.

i do have an ulterior motive. i know the trainer who wrote the perl
course but even so, he is a very sharp perl person.

and depending on your needs and budget, i can offer personal tutoring as
well. i have done perl training for small groups and individuals. the
advantage with me is that i am local and can work with you on your
existing code base and projects as well as upgrading your perl skills in
a customized way.

thanx,

uri

--