[BBLISA] Logrotate Question

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Mon Jun 27 17:39:13 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Richard "Doc" Kinne <rkinne at aavso.org>wrote:

> Researching this I found the /etc/logrotate.conf file and looked at that.
> The documentation SEEMS TO SAY that you can modify the behavior of the
> configuration file by directory. Ultimately, what I would love to do is have
> the system logrotate command at this point simply not touch /var/log/httpd
> and let my script handle that. I'm not sure how to write the logrotate.conf
> file in order to do that.
>
> Would this work?
>
> /var/log/httpd {
> }

You can't specify a directory to logrotate, it just takes file paths, though
you can use globbing.
Additionally, an empty stanza will, I believe inherit the global options, so
it depends what the rest of your config has.
IMO, if you don't want logrotate dealing with a directory at all, just
remove the config lines/file that cause it to do so.