[BBLISA] comcast ... again

Carl Alexander xela at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 19 23:37:40 EDT 2010

Um.  I can only assume from this that your friend is renting his
router from Comcast, rather than using one of his own?  Because
the normal thing for computer-proficient people to do is to
buy a WRT54GL and run their NAT off that.  Which will happily
serve up a /24.  (For that matter, so will an Apple Airport base
station, or any other home router I've seen.  (The limiting of the
DHCP range on his negear NAT may in fact be a built-in limit, but
I'd give long odds that was spec'd by Comcast.)

---Alex