[BBLISA] [SAGE] A summary: emergency pagers

Stephen Johnson sjohnson at monsters.org
Thu Mar 18 18:11:42 EDT 2010

Using an automated telephone notification system is entirely feasible. There are many open source telephony solutions. (Or cheap commercial solutions based on those open source software)  Best know is probably Asterisk. Its quite flexible on how it can be used. You can create your own cutom scripting in Asterisk and even integrate text to speech software like flite. And you can use just about any method to connect into a phone network: VoIP connection or trunk, a T# trunck, POTS port etc. The non-VoIP method would require some modest extra hardware.