[BBLISA] A summary: emergency pagers

Internaut at Large dkap at mailhost.haven.org
Thu Mar 18 12:34:58 EDT 2010

Greetings,

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 12:06 -0400, Rudie, Tony wrote:
> As a member of the Deaf community I would want that to be an option, not an exclusive direction.

Hrm ... interesting thought.  I know next to nothing about deaf
communications (I know much more about blind communications ...)
although, I seem to recall that many VoIP solutions allow for TTY as
well.  Come to think of it, wouldn't a TTY "phone" be able to receive
from a computer the equivalent of a page, in real-time?  This might be
even a better solution.

>  - Tony Rudié

Just thinking,
-dkap