[BBLISA] anybody doing IPv6 for real operations?/possible presentation topic

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Mon Mar 15 20:11:41 EDT 2010

Well, I have to say, it looks pretty true so far.  OSPF4 and OSPF6 don't
necessarilly have to be separate router processes--that was a bit
overstated, but they could be and it appears quite easy to make V4/V6
routing inconsistent.  But the no-brainers I cited are no-brainers.
There are no inter-op worries with CLNS; for those systems that don't
have OSI stacks (linux), everyone can easily test against known-working,
production-grade devices.

There is work to be done, but that can be done in the timeframe needed.
and if the work is done, success is guaranteed.  Its just a question of
whether we do the work to make it happen.

		--Dean