[BBLISA] anybody doing IPv6 for real operations?/possible presentation topic

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Mon Mar 15 16:19:13 EDT 2010

>>>>> "Dean" == Dean Anderson <dean at av8.com> writes:

Dean> By contrast, IS-IS handles multiple protocols in one process with less
Dean> overhead.  Configuaration & route distribution is always consistent.
Dean> There are no inter-op problems, and we know its going to work.  Its a
Dean> no-brainer to use IS-IS instead of OSPF4 and OSPF6 together.  So once
Dean> you see that no brainer, the next obvious no-brainer is to use CLNS
Dean> instead of IPV6.  Once again, all the benefits of IPV6, none of the
Dean> drawbacks.  There are no inter-op worries with CLNS.

Ok, so how would I, as an end-user, deploy CLNS on my home machine so
I can use this super-duper protocol?  From the reading I just did in
Wikipedia, it doesn't look possible at all.

While it may be superior of IPv6, it's not going to be of any use if
it can't be deployed by end-users and regular users.

I don't know, I'm not an ISP person at all.

John