[BBLISA] Recommendation for NAS appliance?

Bruce Davis ayden at mixolydian.org
Tue Mar 2 21:23:51 EST 2010

We have a Sun 7410 cluster with a 24 TB J4400 for NAS storage.  Out of the
box, it supports NFS, CIFS and iSCSI, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, ZFS snapshots, etc.
We're quite happy with the price, performance and support from Sun.

There are several options between a small stand-alone storage server (x4140)
and a 7410 cluster with multiple attached arrays.

http://www.oracle.com/us/products/servers-storage/storage/open-storage/index.html

Hope this helps.

Bruce Davis
East Arlington