[BBLISA] Recommendation for NAS appliance?

Sean Lutner sean at rentul.net
Tue Mar 2 18:56:37 EST 2010

With Netapp you wouldn't be paying for mirroring or remote replication, those are add-on licenses. They are indeed quite expensive but are not required (I hope you weren't told otherwise). I run four different Netapp clusters with over 200TB total and they are incredibly reliable, easy to administer, and perform as well as any other storage I've dealt with over the years. I'm very happy with Netapp. We looked at Isilon a while back, but they didn't fit all our needs (heavy virtualization environment) but they have very good technology and for pure NFS would probably be a good fit. If you like their model you may also be interested in Pillar Data Systems or Compellent.