[BBLISA] Verizon: No p2p blocking

Brian O'Neill oneill at oinc.net
Fri Jun 18 07:55:11 EDT 2010

On 6/18/2010 3:13 AM, Robert Keyes wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
>> I also had a user with Verizon DSL at home, who had problems years ago with
>> outbound connections to port 25 ... Before 465 or 587 became standard, that
>> was a problem.  But I haven't heard of anything like that on verizon since.
>
> Well, port 25 is a problem because of spam. I can see such filtering as
> being reasonable.

Verizon has begun blocking outbound tcp/25 across the board (although it
may not be fully implemented yet). I know several companies who have
been asking me why their employees can't send email any more from outside...

Verizon, mostly in their old Nynex/Bell Atlantic areas, has been
blocking inbound tcp/80 for many years.

-Brian