[BBLISA] Fwd: PHP 5.2.9 on Fedora 12...

Kevin L. Mitchell klmitch at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 2 11:11:29 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 10:52 -0400, Richard 'Doc' Kinne wrote:
> Insofar as I can tell 5.2.9 doesn't exist in the Fedora 12
> repositories. We've decided that if we can install it via Yum we'd
> give this a try, but in order to do that, to my understanding, it has
> to be in a repository somewhere. I'm not sure of the intelligence of
> combining different repositories, and so far I've not been able to
> find 5.2.9 in a repository such that I could figure out how to modify
> the /etc/yum.repos.d/ to add it.

What I would do, actually, is grab the _source_ RPM for PHP 5.2.9 from
the Fedora 9 repositories, then build it for Fedora 12 using the
rpm-build tool from the rpm-build package.  Of course, there may be
dependencies to keep an eye out for, and of course you have to keep in
mind that there may be security vulnerabilities in PHP 5.2.9 that got
patched for the later PHP versions (check the release notes and
ChangeLogs for that later version).

In the long run, of course, it would be wise to port your application to
the later PHP...
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <klmitch at mit.edu>