[BBLISA] Fwd: PHP 5.2.9 on Fedora 12...

Richard 'Doc' Kinne rkinne at aavso.org
Wed Jun 2 10:52:30 EDT 2010

Hi Folks.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Over the weekend I upgrade our server from Fedora 9 32-bit to Fedora
12 64-bit. As part and parcel to this upgrade the PHP went from 5.2.9
to 5.3.2. My webmaster has had some difficulty in making modules and
code compatible with the new version so that she's asked me how
possible is it to downgrade the PHP back to 5.2.9.

Insofar as I can tell 5.2.9 doesn't exist in the Fedora 12
repositories. We've decided that if we can install it via Yum we'd
give this a try, but in order to do that, to my understanding, it has
to be in a repository somewhere. I'm not sure of the intelligence of
combining different repositories, and so far I've not been able to
find 5.2.9 in a repository such that I could figure out how to modify
the /etc/yum.repos.d/ to add it.

Has anyone around here gone through such a downgrade?  If so, how'd
you do it? What were (or what might be) the ramifications?

THANKS!
---
Doc Kinne, [KQR]
(From the Gmail Web Interface)