[BBLISA] Journalist (me) seeking shortish quotes/info for "Windows 7 migration gotchas (and wins)" feature article for ITWorld

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Wed Jul 21 10:03:40 EDT 2010

I'll add a couple:

Edward Ned Harvey, of Lyric Semiconductor writes:

For some reason, Win7 CIFS access is 4x slower than it used to be in Win XP.
For some reason, nobody seems to notice it or care except me.  The problem
is not sustained throughput, but latency on per-file operations.

Aside from that, I absolutely love it!  RIP Win XP.  No regrets, no looking
back.  It feels like we've finally stepped out of the GUI dark ages from
hell.  All the new little features ... aero peek, snap, pin, jump lists, and
the new taskbar dock are immense improvements.

At last, 64bit has arrived.  It's available, it's compatible, it's stable.
There is no need for 32bit anymore.