[BBLISA] Telecommunications Recommendations...

David Miller david3d at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 13:44:18 EDT 2010

As Rob eluded to in order to fully deal with BGP you have to be able to hold
the BGP routing table in the device.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Gateway_Protocol has some more info on
BGP though.

You also need to have your own AS number which you have to pay for as well
as two ISP's that you can peer with...typically not a free service.  But
Comcast Business does support this last time I checked.

Have a look at the TZO HA services.  It's as Rob described a DNS service
with low ttl that monitors the end points and redirects traffic should one
of the links go down.  http://www.autofailover.com/ for more information and
they do have a SLA with their service.
--
David