[BBLISA] Desktop policies and UNIX-ish operating systems

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Sat Jan 30 06:27:51 EST 2010

> Windows: Install $management_agent. Thanks!
> Mac: Install $management_agent. Thanks!
> UNIX/UNIX-Like: Well, $management_agent doesn't exist the same way it
> does for windows/mac. [etc]

Ahh.  Now I get it.  I remember my days at Compaq, sitting there with
various alpha workstations and servers ... My job was qualification, for
Tru64 and Linux on those machines ... So I was constantly deleting and
reinstalling OSes on all these machines ... And every time I installed
Tru64, in the middle of the night or whenever I wasn't looking, some IT dodo
would come install some management agent that I never wanted.  So then I'd
just reformat again.  ;-)

Eventually, one of them asked me what was going on, and I convinced them to
leave my machines alone.

End of pointless anecdotal tangent.  ;-)