[BBLISA] Desktop policies and UNIX-ish operating systems

Tal Cohen tcohen at sitespect.com
Fri Jan 29 07:07:59 EST 2010

That would depend on what types of compliance you are trying to meet.

For example, PCI compliance requires periodic virus scans be performed on systems that are prone to virus attacks. This pretty much excludes all MAC and *NIX systems.

At the same time, there are also differentiations in PCI for system types. Mobile devices (laptops, pda's etc) are treated differently from a firewall perspective.

The bottom line is that there is no one standard. Rather, organizations seem to develop policies based on the business needs that they are trying to meet.

Tal