[BBLISA] Fileserver opinion

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Fri Aug 13 21:39:24 EDT 2010

> From: bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On
> Behalf Of John P. Rouillard
>
>   when the filesystem gets > 90% full performance just drops

I will confirm this, but I'll extend it to include ontap, too.

BTW, there is a bug report (I have no link readily handy) that recently bit
me.  You *really* don't want to let your ZFS become 100% full while a scrub
is running.  Then you have to reboot to fix it (at least, AFAIK, or wait an
approx infinite time which may not actually be infinite; I don't know.)
Until there is a bugfix released, I just made a cron job that cancels scrubs
while %disk is > 90%