[BBLISA] Fileserver opinion

Toby Burress kurin at delete.org
Fri Aug 13 13:07:07 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:11:51PM -0400, Rob Taylor wrote:
> How active is that system and how big is the drive that's resilvering?

Right now, except for the resilver, it's doing nothing.  For about 8
hours a day it's copying data from production servers.

  replacing    DEGRADED     0     0 80.1M
    c4t11d0p0  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
    c4t7d0p0   ONLINE       0     0     0  660G resilvered

  backups                18T   13T  4.5T  75% /backups

It's a Random Box of Parts with 16 1.5TB disks running OpenSolaris
(which I've come to discover is weird and strange and I dislike it).
Its sister server is FreeBSD with 24 2TB disks, and I haven't yet had
to replace a drive, but I'm hoping it won't take six days.