[BBLISA] Chucking samba

Sean OMeara someara at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:15:38 EDT 2010

I'd venture to guess that we're mostly (all?) *nix people on this list.

Rarely will you see any of us recommending Windows for anything.

Its just that in this particular case,  AD-samba/cifs are the lowest
common denominators, and the only things that actually work in real
life.

The methods in play here are: "use what's proven to work" instead of
"trying to graft alien and potentially unstable in the
medium-to-long-term technology onto windows desktops for the sake of
avoiding AD".

-s