[BBLISA] Chucking samba

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Mon Apr 26 16:53:55 EDT 2010

> From: bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On
> Behalf Of Toby Burress

I think the reason people responded overwhelmingly saying "just use AD" is
because of the reasoning that Toby used to reach the conclusion "I want to
use AFS."  Reasoning aside, I think these are valid questions:

> I [am new to AFS]
> But I haven't been testing for
> very long, and I was wondering if anyone has been here before me, and
> knows what headaches I can expect.  How does AFS tend to fail, and how
> often?  Has anyone ditched AFS [in favor of something else]?
> What
> drove you away?  Is everyone who has used AFS in production in the past
> screaming "Nnnooo!" in slow motion?  It seems like an actively
> developed
> technology that nonetheless is rarely used, so I'm kind of working in
> a vacuum of opinions.

I personally don't use AFS, but I find it interesting to listen when other
people are talking about it.