[BBLISA] Recommended hot-plug eSATA PCI cards?

Scott Ehrlich srehrlich at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 08:21:10 EDT 2010

I have a mix of older and newer PCs, some of which only have PCI
cards, but most which run Linux that need a PCI card that support
hot-plugging of an external eSATA-capable USB drive.

I've seen models from Adaptec, Addonics, Promise, among others.
Which models do you use and what would you recommend?

I only need the ability to back up and transfer data quickly, but with
the added benefit of adding/removing the drive whenever I want.

I currently have a non hot-plug eSATA card, but I need to reboot the
machine whenever the external drive as been disconnected for it to be
seen again.

Thanks.

Scott