[BBLISA] software hard disk recovery

Brian O'Neill oneill at oinc.net
Wed Sep 16 17:15:07 EDT 2009

Actually Spinrite runs under FreeDOS as a standalone program. I've
managed to get a drive to a readable state to recover all the relevant
data once (out of one try), and used it on a pile of used disks to
determine their worthiness for re-use.

I had a test rig of a lab server with SCSI card hooked up to an old Sun
SCSI shoebox thoroughly testing 6 drives at a time overnight...