[BBLISA] software hard disk recovery

Rob Taylor rgt at wi.mit.edu
Wed Sep 16 17:11:11 EDT 2009

I've never used it, but I've heard of spinrite. Runs under windows and supposed to be easy to use.

http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

rgt

----- "Dewey Sasser" <dewey at sasser.com> wrote:
> Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

One of my friends windows machine died today – boots up only half way through the windows splash screen and freezes. There is one file he wants to recover out of it, but it seems to be suffering from hardware failure because attaching the disk via USB enclosure to another computer will only let him load the USB mass storage device, and won’t go any further than that…

So my question is …

What are the software hard disk recovery applications that people like, which may save his file(s) and/or his dollars for him?

Of course, free is awesome, but commercial might be ok too.