[BBLISA] ntp question

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Tue Mar 17 17:31:19 EDT 2009

> I have seen a 5 second drift between a build server and it's nfs
> server create a broken build (that took two weeks and a very pissed

I'm guessing ... Two different nfs clients both created files, whose
timestamps indicated incorrectly, and by only a matter of 5 seconds, that
one file was newer than the other, so the wrong file got shipped to the
customer.  Right?

It seems to me, a very rare situation where a 5 second difference would
cause such a severe consequence.  It's almost difficult to imagine how it
even could.