[BBLISA] Looking for Internet anonymizer

bblisa at rootme.org bblisa at rootme.org
Sat Jul 18 00:05:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:19:40PM -0400, esmithphoto at gmail.com wrote 2.3K bytes in 67 lines about:
: If they are really as paranoid as they claim, then they can't trust Tor.
: Maybe Tor has fixed these issues - I'm certainly not Tor expert and
: they're both almost 2 years old.  But these caught my eye when they

I can talk alot about Tor, but I'll simply state that it makes great
press saying you can break Tor without any proof, or on your private,
research network.

: Security expert used Tor to collect government e-mail passwords -
: http://arstechnica.com/security/news/2007/09/security-expert-used-tor-to-collect-government-e-mail-passwords.ars
: (someone was operating a fake Tor node and sniffing the traffic going though it)

Actually, he was operating a real tor node, he just recorded the traffic
as it exited his network.  Turns out, that wasn't such a smart move as
the Swedish federal police arrested him and confiscated all his
equipment.  No one has heard from him since.

The real problem is people using insecure protocols on the Internet.
People at the local coffee shop get sniffed all the time, but that
doesn't make big press splashes.

--
Andrew
web: http://lewman.com