[BBLISA] no BBLISA sponsor at MIT (i.e. no meetings)

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Tue Jul 14 12:25:32 EDT 2009

I thought it appropriate to update people on my attempts to find an
MIT sponsor for BBLISA.  My attempt to recruit a MIT staff member
failed.  This means that BBLISA can no longer reserve rooms at MIT for
meetings.  I'm guessing that the staff member was concerned that MIT
wants sponsors to be 'active participants' (i.e. regularly attend
meetings).  My understanding is that a sponsor must:

1. Have an active MIT email address
2. Be a current MIT staff or faculty member.
3. Be actively involved (attend meetings)

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone who meets all of these criteria
(or might be encouraged to do so).
I'm sending this message to both the regular and admin BBLISA mailing
lists in the hope that someone else may know someone who meets these
requirements.

Others have suggested meeting somewhere else then MIT and it appears
that BBLISA should pursue this idea.  As I have no resources in this
area, I'll leave such efforts to others.

Thanks,
Bill Bogstad