[BBLISA] Why do Linux rescue CDs make SATA disks look like SCSI ?

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Fri Jan 16 15:04:55 EST 2009

Hi folks,

It happens with IDE disks under sparc linux in rescue mode. I agree, its
annoying.  I think the Linux kernel seems to be going in the wrong
direction...

I keep hoping OSF/1 will get opensourced like Motif and DCE. I actually
just spoke with TOG about it--said they'd ask the lawyers, so keep
fingers crossed.  But I'd probably also jump at a distribution with GNU
commands and libs based on OpenSolaris kernel, but the CDDL doesn't
quite allow repackaging...sigh.

		--Dean