[BBLISA] Odd Rsync Behavior...

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Mon Jan 12 10:22:54 EST 2009

> Precisely the reason why I'm not stracing anything until I can
> (hopefully) get a smaller controlled test run that reproduces the
> issue.  Historically, I remember I saw this behavior a year ago, I
> remember testing and concluding that it wasn't a problem, and then I
> just did "| grep -v vanished" and that's the way it's been...
>
> So now that I've removed the grep, we should begin getting a little
> info out of there.

Huh.

Now that it's Monday morning, I checked the logs expecting to find "vanished" and found nothing.  So it seems I am unable to reproduce the "vanished" behavior.

FWIW, the rsync I'm using is 2.6.3
This is what shipped with the latest RHEL 4.
I know it's old, but seems to be working flawlessly for me.

There is no rsync server in my situation.  I use rsync /some/nfs/path /some/local/disk/path