[BBLISA] Odd Rsync Behavior...

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Sat Jan 10 19:14:56 EST 2009

>     Sounds like you already know this, but as safe is better than
> sorry, do be aware that strace output is high volume, and can adversly
> affect the runtime of the job running under it.  Be careful with big,
> long running data movers like rsync.

Precisely the reason why I'm not stracing anything until I can (hopefully) get a smaller controlled test run that reproduces the issue.  Historically, I remember I saw this behavior a year ago, I remember testing and concluding that it wasn't a problem, and then I just did "| grep -v vanished" and that's the way it's been...

So now that I've removed the grep, we should begin getting a little info out of there.