[BBLISA] Odd Rsync Behavior...

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Sat Jan 10 17:54:58 EST 2009

> > Actually, I have the same behavior - with files "vanished" - But when
> I =
> > do my rsync, the source is a snapshot.  So it's impossible for the
> file =
> > to have changed in between the initial scan and actual attempted
> copy.  =
> > So truly I have no explanation.  And I am made uneasy by this as
> well.
>
>     If you are able to reproduce this, strace/ktrace/truss ought to
> shed some enlightenment on what's going on here; the only way that
> rsync should be getting the idea that a file doesn't exist is because
> the kernel said so.

Alright - I never tried digging into this before, so I'll give it a try now.  It will probably take a few days to get any results, cuz it's a 6 hour rsync job that I'll have to wait to run on Monday morning at midnight, just to get the list of vanished files, and then if I'm lucky, I might be able to reproduce it with a small rsync job during the day on Monday.