[BBLISA] Odd Rsync Behavior...

Brian O'Neill oneill at oinc.net
Fri Jan 9 17:29:17 EST 2009

I'll second the fact that it would be much better to use the rsync
protocol end-to-end...do you have an account on the NFS server where you
can access the files directly? Then you wouldn't need to have an rsync
server always running - rsync works well with rsh or ssh.

As far as the missing files - just run rsync again. If it fails again on
the same files, then something is suspect. But one of the beauties of
rsync is it will only update what it needs to, so you can truly keep
them in sync without copying the whole thing over again.