[BBLISA] Capturing system console output remotely

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Wed Jan 7 16:46:44 EST 2009

I did this once years ago.  Here's all I remember:

There are some switches you can use to tell the kernel to redirect console to a serial instead of VGA.  You won't get anything pre-kernel (for example, POST messages) though.

You also want to edit your inittab - I think the standard getty ignores the kernel option or something like that.

You'll figure it out pretty well on your own, provided you watch the VGA and the serial at the same time during bootup.