[BBLISA] Capturing system console output remotely

Charles Bennett ccb at acm.org
Sun Jan 4 23:15:22 EST 2009

Google for 'linux netconsole'.  It'll allow all printk's to be sent via
UDP to a configurable remote port.  It's not likely to catch anything
that's not already logged to DMESG on the way up but it will catch
things that syslog misses on the way down.

Short of full blown KVM/Console management or some nasty null modem
console hacks this may be your best bet.

ccb

You can configure your Linux systems to printk to a