[BBLISA] Capturing system console output remotely

Rich Lenihan rich at openadmin.com
Sun Jan 4 22:54:51 EST 2009

I would like to be able to capture all of the system messages that get
printed to the console of my Linux servers. I would like to be able to
capture this and log it remotely. syslog won't do it for me because I want
to capture everything, boot-up messages, shutdown messages, and messages
even when syslog isn't running, or the server's nic is down. The servers are
HP ProLiants with HP iLO management cards, if that helps any. Has anyone
done anything like this before?

Thanks, Rich.