[BBLISA] Comparison of Collaboration Email Services (Exchange, Kerio, Google Apps)

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Mon Apr 13 23:35:34 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Edward Ned Harvey
<bblisa3 at nedharvey.com> wrote:
> Hehe, actually I hate google docs.  ;-)  I encounter far more bugginess and
> feature lackingness with google docs than I do with MS Word (which is
> notably buggy) (such as ... without even looking ... in google docs I bet
> you can't stick in an endnote which is clickable and return-clickable as I
> have done with this word doc).

I guess it depends on your perspective.  For example, I can't remember
the last time I've had to do a foot or end note. :P    But yes, it
doesn't have all the features of Word.

The feature argument usually comes down to how important those
features are.  The whole 80/20 thing applies, and if most needs are
met...  Additionally, I can use docs for free from pretty much any
machine/platform with a browser, and do real-time collaboration with
other people on a document.

But granted, I'm biased towards using Google Apps and am definitely
not a heavy Office-type user, so ... ymmv.

:)