[BBLISA] Comparison of Collaboration Email Services (Exchange, Kerio, Google Apps)

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa3 at nedharvey.com
Mon Apr 13 22:34:14 EDT 2009

> Heh.  If you went with Google Apps you'd have a Docs link instead of a
> Word doc. ;)
>
> I like how everything is "weak", btw, but it's an interesting
> comparison.  Thanks for sharing.

Hehe, actually I hate google docs.  ;-)  I encounter far more bugginess and
feature lackingness with google docs than I do with MS Word (which is
notably buggy) (such as ... without even looking ... in google docs I bet
you can't stick in an endnote which is clickable and return-clickable as I
have done with this word doc).

And you're right - by my assessment, everything is weak in some way.  The
only robust & reliable solution out there is for an all-windows platform.
If you don't have all-windows clients, there is no solution which is strong
on all fronts.  You have to look at the weaknesses of each solution, and
choose which weakness is the least awful in your situation.

No hardware is perfect, and software isn't ideal, and the earth will someday
be burned up by the sun...   ;-)   Time for beer.