[BBLISA] Gadgets, power lines, and health [OT]

Scott R. Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Sun Sep 7 07:08:06 EDT 2008

This is somewhat off-topic, but still relevant to our jobs and hobbies -

Many of us have and use cell phones, microwave ovens, and tube televisions and
computer monitors (until the tubes die and we get flat panel displays).

High tension power lines also exist.

Can list members point me (and other list members) to definitive sources
providing factual information on studies, etc, on the safety and overall health
balances of exposure to these things.  If you look out your backyard at home
and see, roughly 1/4 mile away, and see a high tension power line, how much
risk is that compared to the cell phones around me or that I may use, vs a
microwave often that gets used on a regular basis, vs watching tv on tube set,
vs sitting for hours at a crt computer monitor?

Thanks.

Scott