[BBLISA] Web Application - Word, Excel, etc, Citrix? Something Else?

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Fri Sep 5 22:00:41 EDT 2008

I have some users that love to use google docs because it's available anywhere.  Just login, edit the files, logout.  But I find google docs terrible to support as an admin.  Numerous reasons.

Isn't this just the sort of thing that Citrix does?  Take something like MS Word, and make it available on the Internet?  Ideally I'd love to NOT pay MS another zillion dollars.  I'm sure Open Office would be good enough if it were available as a wysiwyg web application for editing files on the internal file server...

Anyone use or know of anything like I want here?

I've been looking at Alfresco for doc mgmt.  It looks really good, but not quite good enough.  Details if anyone wants to know.  Or if anyone knows better than I do.