[BBLISA] block level backup windows

Rudie, Tony Tony.Rudie at fmr.com
Mon Mar 31 08:27:58 EDT 2008

The other approach is to get good enough at initial deployment that you feel OK doing without this.  It's hard, but of course it has other benefits.  My windows co-workers use Altiris, but that doesn't mean it's the best thing, if you were starting now.  But they can blast out a generic Windows machine in like 3 mouse-clicks, and the base image has a NetBackup client in it.  Oh, and Altiris can also do image copies, so you could actually use if for what you asked about.  Altiris totally depends on PXE boot, which is yet another hurdle-hassle.

 - Tony Rudié