[BBLISA] Error reading block x (Attempt to read block...)

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Thu Mar 6 08:28:59 EST 2008

> But I agree with Ned that fsck isn't your best bet right now; this disk
> is toast. Save what you can; then restore to a new disk. Or save what
> you can, then send the disk to techfusion, etc for their 'recovery'
> work.  (this hasn't worked for anyone I know, but it might someday...)

Oh no - I've used a couple disk recovery locations, techfusion was the
first.  And I'll strongly advise staying clear of them.  Very bad skills of
organization (lost my disk for a few days) and very bad customer service
(wouldn't call back when they said they would, etc. So bad for so long I
eventually took my disk away a week later, and they still hadn't done
anything with it; and then they tried to charge me for it.)

Diskdoctors were not quite as convenient in terms of local drive, but I'd
happily use disk doctors again and again.  ("happily" is a subjective term
when we're talking about paying for data recovery.)