[BBLISA] Breaking Windows XP user password?

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Sat Jan 26 09:34:32 EST 2008

Not sure what Win XP uses, but some password algorithms are nonreversible
anyway.  I saw a youtube video (which I can't seem to find now) where these
guys were cracking old NT passwords, and using the old algorithms it would
take 4 days to crack generally.  They said the newer algorithms would take
several months to brute force, but now the algorithms are even stronger than
that.

I know by default all the algorithms in Win 2003 Server R2 are
non-reversible and if you need a reversible algorithm, you have to go
manually override the policy.