[BBLISA] RE: storevault / netapp

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Wed Feb 27 22:35:49 EST 2008

So correct me if I'm wrong, the basic setup that you're describing would be

A bunch of disks, in the hardware level JBOD, with caching controller card
for performance sake.
Let the software handle the raid, lun, and FS expansion.

For production, go for the xstore, but for testing, I could go get any
standard cots white/black box, and install the free downloadable version of
solaris.

You got my curiosity juices flowing.