[BBLISA] storevault / netapp

Rudie, Tony Tony.Rudie at fmr.com
Wed Feb 27 12:39:16 EST 2008

Asynchronous replication, using snapshots.  You have a regular volume on one filer, and then a (read-only) snapmirror copy of it on another filer somewhere else.  The copy is always "intact" even though it may be some number of minutes "behind" the primary.  You can stop replication and make the copy read-write, etc.  It's a key piece of our disaster-recovery plan.

 - Tony Rudié