[BBLISA] Re: storevault / netapp

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Tue Feb 26 20:18:10 EST 2008

> "Edward Ned Harvey" <bblisa2 at nedharvey.com> writes:
> Any of you guys own a storevault?  Although it's a netapp product,
> storevault is only a recent acquire of netapp, so it's not the "usual"
> sales/support group.

I think I'd say that the StoreVault units are nice if you need a couple of TB
of temp/cheap storage to throw at people when they aren't doing anything
important.  They're better than slapping Linux on a Dell w/ a MD1000, IMO, but
they're no filer.

For anything that you'd care about, I'd probably just buy a FAS2020 or
2050 (don't bother with the 200-series anymore).  They're more expensive
than a StoreVault, though not outrageously so, and you get more software
features, better support, etc, etc.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"What the hell is this?  For crying out loud, somebody throw a pie!"