[BBLISA] RE: StorVault feedback

Edward Ned Harvey rahvee at nedharvey.com
Tue Feb 26 11:31:08 EST 2008

> ....we have had a few StorVault filers for about one year;
> so far so good in terms of hardware reliability.
> The support was terrible from day 1.
> So we stopped asking for support, since they are no help at all.
> The problem I see is: they are not officially supporting many features
> that we use on an enterprise filer.
> They put many licenses on the filer so we'll have to pay to use the
> features
> that come with the enterprise class filers.
> But the filer is cheap and that is what mattered at the time. ( basic
> NFS  storage ).

It's funny, nearly every response I got was off-list.  So I chop off names &
companies to make it anonymous, and reply to list.  The whole point here is
to get community involvement.

Guess what, I own one, and I can't return it.  I see two options available
to me:

* Acknowledge that they suck, do nothing, bend over and live with it.
	or
* At least pass some words around the community, talk about it, and give
those guys what they need to actually improve if they want to.

If they don't improve, those words passed around will be very negative, and
it will surely hurt their business.