[BBLISA] storevault / netapp

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Tue Feb 26 11:11:26 EST 2008

> and pre-sales support has been horrendous at best.  The storevault
> seems
> capable of a great deal more than advertised by ssh'ing in and
> configuring things in ontap like any other netapp.

An interesting point you bring up.  I want to bind the thing to my LDAP
directory for UID/GID information.  There are instructions online how to do
it for regular netapp.  But if you go to command line on the storevault it
says "command line not supported, use the gui."  And in the GUI, my only
option is NIS.

Any wisdom on that subject?