[BBLISA] Moving from Rackspace

Justin Holland hollandjustin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 02:18:18 EST 2008

I've finally decided to move away from Rackspace and I'm in the middle of
deciding the next hosting provider.  Rackspace truly has "Fanatical" support
but the premium on the equipment has forced to me to make bad decisions
(upgrading as late as possible, etc).  I'm slightly interested in Colo's in
the area, the two I looked at had ridiculous pricing for the pipe, which has
me far more inclined toward another managed environment (also not worrying
about the capital expense of the Big-IP,etc).  I have received quotes from
theplanet (I've heard mixed reviews, most of the bad seemed to be people
whining), datapipe (basically the same price as rackspace), he, and xo.
Basically, does anyone have a passionate answer about this?  I find myself
going to netcraft.net and just going down the providers list and getting
info.

Cheers!  Jusitn

PS The cluster architecture I'm moving is below (18Us)

Firewall
Load Balancer
4x web servers
2x db servers